Friday, June 13, 2008

It's Friday Already?!

Where does the time go?  I can't believe it's Friday already. We must have had a busy week of feeding, changing diapers, and playing!   

You may remember a mention back in April about our basement flooding. Well, the damaged pipe that caused the problem is finally fixed!  On Tuesday, they dug down into the concrete of our basement along the entire east side of our house to bypass the damaged pipe. It was a little noisy to say the least which made it a good excuse to get the girls out of the house for their second mall walk.  (Yes, the weather was still gray and rainy!) I got to get some errands done and it was a good break.  Back at home, the work continued for the rest of the day, and we now have a new footing pipe.  The next phase begins next week - dry wall work and painting...the fun part!  New carpet will finish it off.  We can't wait until it's completed so we can use the rooms downstairs again. It will basically double our living space, and more importantly add room for toys.   

Yesterday, the girls and I took advantage of the afternoon sunbreak and went for a walk around Ballard. The sunshine makes such a difference in my mood and theirs. I know it's good for me to get out, but I'm realizing how good it is for them, too.  Even though they sleep through most of the stroller rides, I know they love the fresh air and change of scenery. Plus they always get lots of attention.

Today is gray and cool again, but it's supposed to warm up for the weekend.  Tonight I'm breaking out of the house to have dinner with friends.  Tomorrow we're going to our first "families of multiples" event for families in our area with multiples under 1 year of age.  And then Sunday we'll celebrate Matt's first Father's Day!

My long To Do list includes figuring out what's wrong with our photo program os I can upload photos again.  But not to worry, I've been snapping lots of photos in the meantime! 

One last note...today is my mom's (Grammy Jeannie's) last day of teaching after 39 years.  Happy Retirement, Mom! 

No comments:

Friday, June 13, 2008

It's Friday Already?!

Where does the time go?  I can't believe it's Friday already. We must have had a busy week of feeding, changing diapers, and playing!   

You may remember a mention back in April about our basement flooding. Well, the damaged pipe that caused the problem is finally fixed!  On Tuesday, they dug down into the concrete of our basement along the entire east side of our house to bypass the damaged pipe. It was a little noisy to say the least which made it a good excuse to get the girls out of the house for their second mall walk.  (Yes, the weather was still gray and rainy!) I got to get some errands done and it was a good break.  Back at home, the work continued for the rest of the day, and we now have a new footing pipe.  The next phase begins next week - dry wall work and painting...the fun part!  New carpet will finish it off.  We can't wait until it's completed so we can use the rooms downstairs again. It will basically double our living space, and more importantly add room for toys.   

Yesterday, the girls and I took advantage of the afternoon sunbreak and went for a walk around Ballard. The sunshine makes such a difference in my mood and theirs. I know it's good for me to get out, but I'm realizing how good it is for them, too.  Even though they sleep through most of the stroller rides, I know they love the fresh air and change of scenery. Plus they always get lots of attention.

Today is gray and cool again, but it's supposed to warm up for the weekend.  Tonight I'm breaking out of the house to have dinner with friends.  Tomorrow we're going to our first "families of multiples" event for families in our area with multiples under 1 year of age.  And then Sunday we'll celebrate Matt's first Father's Day!

My long To Do list includes figuring out what's wrong with our photo program os I can upload photos again.  But not to worry, I've been snapping lots of photos in the meantime! 

One last note...today is my mom's (Grammy Jeannie's) last day of teaching after 39 years.  Happy Retirement, Mom! 

No comments: