Saturday, July 11, 2009

Parents' Playdate (Stories from Chelan)

Matt and I were able to escape on our own several times, while Grandma and Grandpa helped with the parenting duties.

One day we went into Chelan for lunch and an ice cream cone, and walked around town a bit. One evening we hit up the Mill Bay Casino and played Pai Gow poker. We took several walks around Wapato Point, where we stayed, and into Manson, the little town. We were regulars at the Coffee Legend. (Shhh...don't tell Starbucks!)


But our favorite thing to do was rent kayaks and paddle around the lake, soaking up as much sun as possible. It was so peaceful and quiet on the lake, which was very relaxing. Next year we want to do that every day if we can.

Matt managed to snap a photo of both of us.

Matt, looking relaxed and dare I say, outdoorsy.

Self-portrait.
Waterfront homes in Manson.

Paddle faster! This kayak isn't going to row itself while I take pictures.



Chillin' on the lake before heading back in.

No comments:

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Parents' Playdate (Stories from Chelan)

Matt and I were able to escape on our own several times, while Grandma and Grandpa helped with the parenting duties.

One day we went into Chelan for lunch and an ice cream cone, and walked around town a bit. One evening we hit up the Mill Bay Casino and played Pai Gow poker. We took several walks around Wapato Point, where we stayed, and into Manson, the little town. We were regulars at the Coffee Legend. (Shhh...don't tell Starbucks!)


But our favorite thing to do was rent kayaks and paddle around the lake, soaking up as much sun as possible. It was so peaceful and quiet on the lake, which was very relaxing. Next year we want to do that every day if we can.

Matt managed to snap a photo of both of us.

Matt, looking relaxed and dare I say, outdoorsy.

Self-portrait.
Waterfront homes in Manson.

Paddle faster! This kayak isn't going to row itself while I take pictures.



Chillin' on the lake before heading back in.

No comments: