Thursday, December 25, 2008

White Christmas




In addition to this being the girls' first Christmas, it is also my first "white" Christmas, thanks to the last week+ of snow. I feel like the last week has been Christmas since we've spent so much time together at home -- decorating, listening to music, and baking. In some ways I think our unusual weather was a little extra nudge to help me slow down and just enjoy the holiday season with my family.  I would normally be out fighting crowds at the mall and post office and staying up late wrapping presents, but this year the snow threw off my routine.  And I have to say, it was a very relaxing and wonderful Christmas! 

While I've enjoyed how pretty everything looks in the snow and how peaceful it is, it will be nice for it to melt so we can get back to normal.  After all, I'm sure there are some great after-Christmas sales I could hit up!



No comments:

Thursday, December 25, 2008

White Christmas




In addition to this being the girls' first Christmas, it is also my first "white" Christmas, thanks to the last week+ of snow. I feel like the last week has been Christmas since we've spent so much time together at home -- decorating, listening to music, and baking. In some ways I think our unusual weather was a little extra nudge to help me slow down and just enjoy the holiday season with my family.  I would normally be out fighting crowds at the mall and post office and staying up late wrapping presents, but this year the snow threw off my routine.  And I have to say, it was a very relaxing and wonderful Christmas! 

While I've enjoyed how pretty everything looks in the snow and how peaceful it is, it will be nice for it to melt so we can get back to normal.  After all, I'm sure there are some great after-Christmas sales I could hit up!



No comments: