Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The "L" Words

Mia and Emma posing with the letter "L" for "Lund."

Now at age 2 1/2, the girls are talking up a storm! They often use complete sentences, and they love to sing (and sing and sing!) too. Between their cute little voices and the way they carry on conversations with each other, their is so much to love. My favorite thing, though, is the words and phrases that start with "l" that they replace it with a "y" sound. For example:

"Yet's do it!" (A phrase they picked up from Daddy.)
"I don't yike that, Mia." (Said with authority!)
Emma calling Mia: "Mimi Yun!"
What's Daddy's full name? "Matt Yund" Mama's? "Megan Yund"
Where did you go on vacation? "The yake!" (Lake Chelan)
"Just take a yittle bite."
"I have an owie on my yeg."
"Yook, Daddy, yook!"
"I want a yoyyipop."
"I yick the popsicle."

And my favorite, of course...
I yuv you, Mama!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Jack does the same thing! I Yuv it!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The "L" Words

Mia and Emma posing with the letter "L" for "Lund."

Now at age 2 1/2, the girls are talking up a storm! They often use complete sentences, and they love to sing (and sing and sing!) too. Between their cute little voices and the way they carry on conversations with each other, their is so much to love. My favorite thing, though, is the words and phrases that start with "l" that they replace it with a "y" sound. For example:

"Yet's do it!" (A phrase they picked up from Daddy.)
"I don't yike that, Mia." (Said with authority!)
Emma calling Mia: "Mimi Yun!"
What's Daddy's full name? "Matt Yund" Mama's? "Megan Yund"
Where did you go on vacation? "The yake!" (Lake Chelan)
"Just take a yittle bite."
"I have an owie on my yeg."
"Yook, Daddy, yook!"
"I want a yoyyipop."
"I yick the popsicle."

And my favorite, of course...
I yuv you, Mama!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Jack does the same thing! I Yuv it!