
The girls didn't stay awake long enough to see Obama's official victory, but they were confident enough that he'd done it before drifting off to la la land. Matt and I were glued to the TV all evening, watching the returns. When it was finally official at 8pm PST, we talked to friends and family on the phone, and then toasted with some sparkling cider as we watched his amazing victory speech. What an exciting time this is!
I've never been this engaged in a political campaign before. I've been more interested in recent years thanks to Matt, who is a junkie. to say the least. But this time was different. The excitement for this candidate and the fact I'm a new mom really made the difference.
I remember being so impressed with Obama at the Democratic convention in 2004, and have been cheering for him since then. While in the hospital on bedrest last January & February, I had a lot of time to watch primary coverage on CNN. Barack was just so impressive - smart, eloquent, cool and calm. The more I saw and heard from him, the more I liked. This is the most important election I can recall, and I can't wait to tell the girls about it someday. I think it's so awesome that in the world they grow up in, anyone can be President.
No comments:
Post a Comment