Matt has put his studies on hold since last fall so he could care for the girls and me. He's taking one summer class this month, and then he'll take one class in fall quarter. I'm not so sure it's a just a coincidence that his classes are during "fussy time" at home, though. :-) Just kidding, of course...Matt has been very helpful to me and knows it makes for a long day caring for the girls well into the evening. We are his top priority, so if he needs to come home early, so be it.
My first day back at work is Monday. I'm excited to return, and actually think it will be a much-needed mental break for me. My team has been very supportive of me phasing back in slowly. This month I'll work 3 days a week, then 4 days/week in September and back to full-time in October. The girls will be in great hands with my mom (Grammy) for the first couple of weeks, so that will ease my transition as well.
Then, on August 18, Emma and Mia will go to day care full-time. We were fortunate that the Bright Horizons in my building had two spots open for the girls. Matt and I visited the "classroom" and met the "teachers." (Sounds pretty much like school to me!) We feel it will be a great environment for the girls. They'll get to do fun activities like finger painting and baby yoga, and go on walks outside. And the best part is I'll be able to see them whenever I want, as they're just downstairs. The week prior to starting full-time, we'll be able to bring the girls in for short periods of time to introduce them to the room and the people. This will also allow us to get used to them being away from us too! I think it's going to be harder on us than them.
So stay tuned for stories as we make these changes. If we go days or weeks without a post, it probably means were working on our new schedule and routine, so think good thought for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment